General Assistance Programs
General Assistance Program Areas
The following areas are included in this program:
- Acute Prescription Assistance - Provides assistance for eligible individuals of not more than three prescriptions per service with total amounts not to exceed $300.00 for acute care medications (Not to include paying for anti-depressant or psych medications). Eligibility criteria will be assessed and must be met prior to assistance being provided.
- Adult Vision Care - Provides assistance with one vision exam and one pair of glasses every 24 months. We look at 65% or below the federal poverty level along with other eligibility criteria including: household composition, resources and residency in Taylor County. Individuals receiving Medicaid are ineligible. Eligible individuals must utilize approved providers.
- Prescription Assistance Program - Provides assistance and case management for residents of Taylor County related to applying for prescription assistance programs through major pharmaceutical companies. Eligibility criteria and final approval for assistance is determined by each pharmaceutical company. Individuals with traditional Medicaid, MQMB, LIS, or private prescription insurance need not apply.
Dental Assistance Program
- Dental Assistance Program - **Effective 8/11/2022, the dental assistance program will be temporarily suspended and not accepting new applications for assistance. Please continue to check back for program availability.**
Rental Assistance Program
- Rental Assistance Program - **Effective 9/2/2022, the rental assistance program will be temporarily suspended and not accepting new applications for assistance. Please continue to check back for program availability**